Hello RoughRiders Family,
Please take your time through this edition as there is a lot of information today.
Instructional Program & RYHL
USA Hockey & Affiliation
All players must have a current 2021-2022 USA Hockey confirmation number and must not be currently rostered with any USAH affiliated teams. There is a fee for the USA Hockey Insurance.
We are proud to announce dates for Instructional Program for September thru October:
September 8 @ 515-615pm – ImOn Ice Arena
September 15 @ 515-615pm – ImOn Ice Arena
September 22 @ 515-615pm – ImOn Ice Arena
September 29 @ 515-615pm – ImOn Ice Arena
October 6 @ 515-615pm – ImOn Ice Arena
October 13 @ 515-615pm – ImOn Ice Arena
IP Fee: $78.00
At this time, we will not be offering RYHL until later in October due to the NHL rink not being ready and a timeline not finalized.
Registered 8U Travel Select Players Automatically Enrolled! Do not reregister!
1st Annual Golf Tournament, August 22
Our 1st Annual Golf Tournament is this weekend on Sunday, August 22 at Hunter’s Ridge Golf Course in Marion, Iowa. Even if you are not playing in this year’s tournament be sure to come out and join us for dinner and live music at the end. Our Director of Goaltending, Jake Stack, and his band The Unincorporated will be playing!
- 11:00am Check In
- 11:15am Range Time
- 12:30pm Shotgun Start
- 5:00pm Social & Live Music
- 5:30pm Dinner
State of RRHC Address
This Saturday, August 21 is our State of RRHC Address, or annual membership meeting at 9:00am at ImOn Ice Arena. We will have ice available for players to come and skate during the address. This is an open skate and not a stick time, so siblings and other family are invited to join the skate as well.
- Spring/Summer Recap
- Plans for this Year
- State of RRHC
- Executive Director Responsibility Within RRHC
- Potential New Jersey Style 2022-2023 Season
- Reverse Q&A
- Standard Q&A
We will also provide donuts and coffee for attendees. A zoom will be available:
Topic: State of RRHC Address
Time: Aug 21, 2021 09:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Tournament Committee Volunteer Sign Up
We are looking for this year’s tournament committee volunteers. We are in need of 2-3 volunteers per age group. Job duties are but not limited to:
- Be a liaison between both division directors, the directors, and the team
- Register as a volunteer with USA Hockey
- Be familiar with the management and operation of RRHC home tournaments
- Support Tournament Director as needed
- Assist in the procurement of teams for specific age groups
- Assist and manage the scheduling of score keepers
- Assist and management of the playing of music during all RRHC tournament games
- Serve as the point of contact with the teams within the age group and division
- Coordinate with USHL front office to promote USHL home games during tournament weekend
- Be a part of the Tournament Committee that consists of all Tournament Coordinators from all teams
- Any and all other necessary functions asked of by the Executive Director, Tournament Director, or Board of Directors
2021-2022 Travel Season
Just a reminder that season registration closes tomorrow! Do not wait to get register.
We are in need of volunteers to assist with our tryouts this year. If you are available to assist please register here:
Jersey Fittings (8U thru 14U Only)
We will do jersey fittings for all players that have intention to play travel hockey for RRHC this year on these days and times:
Wednesday, August 25 @ 6:30-7:30pm – ImOn Ice Arena
Wednesday, September 1 @ 6:30-7:30pm – ImOn Ice Arena
- 10U – August 23 5:15-6:30pm; August 24-26 5:45-7:00pm
- 12U – August 30 thru September 2 – 5:45-7:00pm
- 14U – August 30 thru September 2 – 7:15-8:30pm
- High School – August 23 6:45-8:00pm; August 24-26 – 7:15-8:30pm
Season Start Dates
We are working on finalizing official start dates and practice times for the season. We are just awaiting official word on when the NHL rink will be up and running. We will kick off all teams as soon as we have the ability to, but for planning here is what we are projecting on this day:
High School: Week of September 13
14U: Week of September 27
8U-12U: Week of October 4, but 12U could move up potentially if NHL is on schedule
Bags & Gloves Order
Must ordered by Tuesday, August 24.
We will be offering the purchase of Warrior gloves this year (see picture below).
- 12″ Gloves – $107 (shipping and processing included)
- 13-15″ Gloves – $117 (shipping and processing included)
We will also be offering the same bags as previous years.
- $85 for Player Bag (shipping and processing included)
- $95 for Goalie Bag (shipping and processing included)