Hello Hockey Community,
Academy programming, teams and camps, are open to any player!
The RoughRiders Hockey Academy will be holding Spring/Summer 12U & 14U AAA tryouts March 28th – 30th!
The RoughRiders Hockey Academy is committed to providing all players and families an opportunity of what it means to be an elite player. The Academy provides:
- Reversible two-color jersey and socks.
- 12 hours of on-ice practice in Cedar Rapids, IA with the area’s top and most experienced non-parent head coaches.
- 9 hours of supervised off-ice with our Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Daily workouts for days not at the rink.
- Player binders that include, but not limited to nutrition plans, workout calendars, individual workout plans specific to age, and mental toughness & hockey playbook.
- Weekly Wednesday zoom meetings at 7:30pm covering, but not limited to NHL clips, nutrition, and other relevant development information discussed with USHL coaches, AAA coaches, and Executive Director Dustin Timm.
12U practices are on Mondays from 5:30-7:00pm -or- 7:15-8:45pm
14U practices will be held on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:00pm -or- 7:15-8:45pm.
May 13th-15th – Mountain Dew Blast Tournament in Twin Cities, MN
June 24th-26th – Letterman Cup in Blaine, MN
- $250 registration* and
- $675 regular team tuition
- Two tuition payments: April 12th (50%) and April 26th (50%).
- Early Bird Team Tuition ($625) is available through January
- Regular Team Tuition ($675) is available from February 1st – 28th
- Late Team Tuition ($725) available from March 1st – 10th
*Refund of registration if the player is not selected
Player & Parent Testimonials
“The Cedar Rapids AAA spring hockey program was an excellent experience. The on-ice practices, led by exceptional coaches, and the off-ice training and nutrition guide were instrumental in our son’s growth as a hockey player and set a foundation of accountability for years to come.” -12U AAA Hockey Parent
“The AAA Academy program, for a 1st year program, exceeded all expectations. The level of professionalism and coaching through the summer was nothing but the best. The way the players learned to play as a team, and care for each other in just a short time frame speaks volume to the coaching staff. Highly recommend this program to all players.” -12U AAA Hockey Parent
“I learned a lot throughout the program, not just on the ice, but off the ice on how to train, eat, and sleep. It was fun getting the opportunity to play with other players from around the state and I can’t wait for next summer.” -14U AAA Player
“The program focused on the development of my son as a player and as a person, both on and off the ice. The daily training calendars provided by the program put an ownership on my son to become a better hockey player away from the rink, and for that sole reason we will be back next summer. My son, now gets up at 6am to do his off-ice workouts because he knows his teammates and coaches are counting on him to get better everyday. That culture was instilled him by this coaching staff. Kudos and thank you!” -12U AAA Hockey Parent
“As a goalie parent, I have been a part of many spring AAA programs that have said they would have a goalie coach at every practice. This was one of the few programs of many that have followed through. Thank you to the staff for providing a great program for our goalie.” -16U AAA Hockey Parent