ANNOUNCEMENT: Try Hockey for Free February 24, 2024!
RoughRiders 3rd Annual Golf Tournament Hosted By
ROUGHRIDERS HOCKEY CLUB
Mission & Vision
RRHC (RoughRiders Hockey Club) seeks to build local and regional awareness about the benefits youth hockey offers by investing in the physical and emotional development of players so they may serve as advocates and ambassadors for the sport throughout their lives.
The mission of RRHC is to provide a consistent training framework and environment designed to optimize the skill development of young athletes in a positive atmosphere of appropriately matched competition where sportsmanship and personal enjoyment are the top priorities.
The RoughRiders Hockey Club (youth hockey) has seen consistent growth and retention over the past 3 years. The shift in culture and core values to Community Inclusion, Retention, Long Term Athlete Development, and ‘Creating Leaders Today for Tomorrow!” has seen the club grow from 72 players during the 2017-2018 season to over 250 players during the 2021-2022 winter season. In conjunction, the Club has been able to break down financial barriers for the introduction into hockey through its Try Hockey for Free Days, Instructional Programs, & RR Youth Leagues. The club is looking to further improve it’s ability to provide and expand on their introduction programs and provide more resources to our current players, coaches, and leaders.
2021 Outing Funds Were Used How?
- Addition of two Head Coaches and an Assistant Director of off-ice training development
- Four additional traditional sized nets for practices
- Partnership with APX Strength to bring an elite off-ice program to RRHC and Cedar Rapids
- FREE Instructional Program for 4 months, impacted 100+ players
- Steva Coaching software for High School staff and Director
- New Instructional Program and RoughRiders Youth Hockey League jerseys
Overall, the 2021 Golf Outing donations received positively impacted a total of 450+ players throughout all of RoughRiders Hockey Club programming.